A Tulsa Craftsman Home Gets Organized and Beautiful
William and Angeline were recent home styling clients. They picked the mini-session which starts with a little soul-searching and ends with us coming over to make the magic happen. Meaning, we spend an hour rearranging, sharing advice and getting your space as close to your dreams as we can. We will "shop your house" to find things we can use to style your rooms. We also leave you with a lot of follow up ideas to continue working on your space.
This particular couple was an interesting case. They use their living-room in really specific ways; playing music alone and with friends, and teaching students in the Alexander Technique (a study and practice of efficient movement and posture). We love knowing what clients need to use their spaces for, so we can help them make their homes serve their lives best.
The problem: Angeline and William felt like their living room was a collection of random furniture they'd brought with them from past homes. "None of [it] made sense in the new home," William explained. They felt guests and clients didn't quite know what to do (e.g., where to place their coats and bags or even sit) upon entering their home.
Their visual hopes: The couple wanted a space that felt welcoming, open and comfortable where they could teach, practice and play music, relax and socialize. They wanted their living room to feel comfortable not only to them, but to friends and clients, so it was important for the couple to create clearly defined spaces.
The solution: Angeline and William completed our Personal Home Survey and created a Pinterest Board to help them collect and convey their visual hopes for the space. Based on their input, we worked with Angeline and William to remove and rearrange what we could during our in-person mini-session. We then left them with homework ideas that they completed over the next couple months.
Changes to the room included:
- Removing heavy shelving on either side of fireplace and instead installing simple wall-mounted shelves for books and meaningful knick knacks.
- Re-styling the mantel with only loved objects and artwork.
- Placing the family cedar chest underneath one of the windows to act as extra seating/storage.
- Adding a long narrow bench near the door as extra seating and as a a place for clients to store bags/purses.
- Installing wall-mounted hooks near door for guests' jackets.
- Bringing in more plants! Both Angeline and William have green thumbs, so we encouraged them to bring in more of their plant babies.
Angeline and William worked steadily on their living room, checking in with us as they made changes towards their new space. We are so proud of all they have accomplished since we first met them! Not only is their living room more organized, functional and attractive, but we have enjoyed getting to know them as both customers and friends.
Here's to you and your home, Angeline and William!